This position is located in the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO). FHEO’s mission is to eliminate housing discrimination, promote economic opportunity, and achieve diverse, inclusive communities by leading the nation in the enforcement, administration, development, and public understanding of federal fair housing policies and laws. FHEO protects people from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and familial status.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Intake, assess, investigate, conciliate, and or resolve complex, highly sensitive and difficult allegations of discrimination related to housing, and employment.
- Conduct systemic housing discrimination complaints, which affect large numbers of minorities and women, or which have been in effect for a substantial period of time, resulting in institutional or flagrant housing discrimination patterns of practices.
- Interview complainants and witnesses to obtain evidence relevant to the allegation of discrimination.
- Contact respondents to serve charges, explain respondent's rights and obligations under the law, and conduct interviews to obtain evidence.
- Interview recipient officials and representatives, citizen groups, and others to obtain relevant information.
- Prepare final investigative reports, critically analyze evidence, and make findings and recommendations.
Occasional travel - 2-3 times per year
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 17-HUD-677. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474035800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.