The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, The Department of the Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHY DO I WANT TO JOIN THE IRS SENIOR EXECUTIVE TEAM? The IRS is seeking candidates with strong leadership skills to join its top executive team and continue our commitment to serve America's taxpayers. We are seeking candidates with demonstrated integrity, sound judgment, and the highest ethical standards of public service to help facilitate our organization's change, communicate our mission, core values and strategic goals, engage stakeholders, and motivate employees to achieve high performance.
WHAT DOES THE ONLINE SERVICES (OLS) DIVISION DO? OLS was established in 2011, and is dedicated to providing and improving online (web and mobile) self-service tools to taxpayers. OLS creates high value for both the IRS and the taxpayer by continuously improving the irs.gov website and giving taxpayers "self-service" capabilities to obtain needed information and fulfill their tax obligations. The office combines online expertise, data analysis and business knowledge to conceptualize online tools and develop product roadmaps. OLS is responsible for developing handy applications such as IRS2GO (a smartphone application that lets taxpayers interact with the IRS using a mobile device) and Get Transcript (an irs.gov application that allows taxpayers to view a copy of their transcript online). Other applications include tools and calculators that help taxpayers understand and meet their tax obligations.
WHAT DOES THE DIRECTOR, ONLINE ENGAGEMENT, OPERATIONS AND MEDIA DO? The Director, Online Engagement, Operations and Media provides key leadership and oversight in the development, implementation and management of all matters pertaining to internet related services delivered through internal and external portals, particularly in the areas of design, online communication, user experience, content development, web analytics and portal administration.
If you are up for the challenge, come join our leadership team!
Position is located in Washington, DC.
The Director, Online Engagement, Operations and Media is responsible for planning, developing and managing comprehensive cross-cutting strategies that require multi-business unit participation to evaluate specific issues and their impact on internal and external portals (e.g., public, registered and employee user portals) and third party segments. The position requires a seasoned information technology expert who has substantial experience with product management, development and execution; resource planning; strategy development; management of internal projects and milestones; and collaboration with many different internal and external partners and stakeholder groups.
As the Director, Online Engagement, Operations and Media you will:
- Provide executive direction on all information system reviews to ensure existing, emerging and next generation business needs are integrated into the Business Portal Strategy. This includes identifying, acquiring and allocating resources; ensuring timely delivery; staying within budget constraints; and effectively evaluating projects and programs.
- Lead the effort to set the strategic direction and development of an IRS web strategy that includes performance tracking metrics. Align internet services and business requirements with customer segment needs and preferences.
- Design, develop and implement new enterprise business models for managing irs.gov web design, usability, analytics, content, editorial review, portals (internal and external) and applications.
- Partner with industrial groups and other Federal agencies to stay current with new technologies. Assess trends and related practices in the industry and evolving patterns in taxation. Work collaboratively with IRS business units to assess the value of adopting global initiatives that focus on tax administration and electronic commerce.
- Provide high-level guidance on web technology issues, ensuring that programs and projects are in alignment with IRS requirements, properly budgeted and in adherence with established IRS policies and practices. Make recommendations regarding relevant matters of policy. Employ brainstorming and problem solving methodologies for obtaining and documenting technical issues relating to user requirements, project concepts and business processes.
- Lead organizational change, communicates core values and creates a positive workplace that inspires excellence and continuous learning. Develop employees to help them realize their full potential. Delegate sufficient authority to subordinates to effectively manage their resources. Foster an environment of creativity, innovation and continuous improvement.
Occasional travel - May be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens, no prior federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474008400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.