The selectee for this position will serve as a PROTOCOL OFFICER in the Office of the Commnading General of III MARINE EXPEDITIONARY FORCE.Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate or plan events with international guests in compliance with military and international protocols.
- Plan special conferences or events in compliance with protocol practices.
- Advise staff on military protocol matters (e.g., proper ceremonial forms, honors, courtesies, etiquettes).
- Coordinate with protocol office, private agencies, and foreign embassies to insure proper protocol for all official visitors.
- Write procedures and guidance on etiquette and protocol for dealing with high-level officials and dignitaries.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employees, Reinstatement Eligibles, ICTAP Eligibles, Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Overseas Family Member Preference, Excepted Service Overseas Family Member, Overseas Military Spouse Preference, and Current DoN Employees, and NAFI/ Interchange Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473745600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.