The Farm Credit Administration (FCA) is a small, vibrant, independent Federal agency located in McLean, Virginia that regulates and examines the Farm Credit System (FCS), an over $200+ billion nationwide network of over 80+ financial institutions providing credit and related services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural cooperatives. Visit www.fca.gov to learn more.
Our McLean headquarters, located close to the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Tysons Corner center, sits on a secluded, tree-lined campus and is convenient to the Silver Line metro (McLean Station). We offer employees a variety of amenities that include free parking, an on-site gym, free fitness classes and generous benefits, just to name a few! Visit our website for more details on FCA's Benefits Program.
As the IT Specialist for Networks, you will provide technical hardware and software expertise in areas related to the evaluation, design, development, integration and maintenance of voice, video and data infrastructure and associated computer systems.
Office of Information Technology, Technology Division, Infrastructure Team
Salary range includes 24.58% locality pay.
This position is also advertised for Merit Promotion and Non-Competitive eligible candidates under job opportunity announcement VA-17-0286-MP. If you would like to be considered under both merit promotion (MP) and delegated examining (DE) procedures, you must apply to both announcements.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (Network), you will:
- Identify, develop, install, configure, test, maintain, upgrade, document and troubleshoot network equipment such as routers, switches, wireless access points, and cabling systems, to meet Agency needs and to assure efficient, secure, and continuous function of the FCA network.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, upgrade, document and troubleshoot audio/videoconferencing infrastructure.
- Maintain, upgrade, document, and troubleshoot the network security platform.
- Effectively manage Local Area Networks (LAN)/Wide Area Networks (WAN) resources by reviewing network performance reports and identify potential degradation trends or equipment failures.
- Install, configure, test and maintain Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- Analyze feedback collected through service requests and interaction with the customers from monitoring and analysis tools to ensure performance of the system and service to users.
- Analyze, evaluate, develop, document and maintain network-operating procedures.
- Provide support to system users, including training when appropriate, to facilitate the use of network and system resources.
Occasional travel - Travel up to 5% of the time for conferences, training, and on-site visits.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473646700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.