Fleet and Family Readiness is looking for the best and brightest to join our TEAM!!! The Navy team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms by enhancing the qualify of life for Sailors, their families, and others in the Navy Community. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training.
Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS) is the Navy's official lodging operation for the service member on temporary duty. NGIS provides a professionally managed, business-based lodging program that contributes to mission readiness by offering quality lodging and services for a mobile military community. If you appreciate the little things and enjoy creating exceptional experiences, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with NGIS.
This position is located at NGIS NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach Virginia. Candidates selected for this position will serve as a Custodial Worker Housekeeper.Learn more about this agency
- The purpose of this position is to provide adequate and timely housekeeping services to guests.
- Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times.
- Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times.
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude, demonstrate effective communication skills, professionally interacts with guests, answer guest questions concerning hotel facilities, and provide information about local attractions.
- Provides assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary.
- Performs daily housekeeping duties as required, which includes but is not limited to: dusting/polishing furniture, trash removal, vacuuming and/or sweeping floors, cleaning/sanitizing bathrooms and kitchen areas (to include all sinks, showers, tubs, toilets, floors, microwaves, refrigerators, ovens, cook-tops, counters, and cupboards), making beds and removing/changing bedding, restocking amenities, bed and bath linens, and other guest room supplies, checking condition of room assets and reporting problems to supervisor or designated representative, and responding to guest requests and communications.
- Changes bed linen at least weekly, in response to guest requests, and upon checkout. Upon checkout, completes all daily cleaning duties, removes and/or replaces all bed linens, bath linens, and waste basket liners, and ensures room is ready for occupancy by a new guest.
- Counts and sorts linen removed from individual rooms along with clean linen issued during assigned shift.
- Prepares linen in/out report daily and gives it to supervisor, ensuring any missing linen is reported.
- Completes room status report providing status of all assigned rooms (vacant, ready, checkout, occupied) and turns in report at end of each day.
- Promptly informs supervisor of missing, malfunctioning, or damaged items in rooms and/or common areas so the items can be repaired.
- Also notifies supervisor of any valuables (e.g., large amounts of cash or jewelry) left out in the open by guests before cleaning the room.
- Performs deep cleaning as required. Deep cleaning may include defrosting the refrigerator, cleaning windows (inside and out), replacing and/or cleaning drapes, moving furniture and cleaning normally hidden areas, carpet cleaning (shampoo and/or spot treatment), cleaning walls/woodwork, and other such tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - May be required to possess a valid driver's license as travel to other facilities may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473636900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.