When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will be a key member of the Workforce Planning Branch within the Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer’s Policy and Planning Division. This position starts at a salary of $94,796 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will be a key member of the Workforce Planning Branch within the Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer’s Policy and Planning Division. If selected for this position, you will be responsible for a full range of workforce planning activities in support of management's goals to identify, attract, and retain high quality and diverse workforce that is capable of accomplishing FEMA's mission. Typical assignments include:
- Assisting with the development, deployment and use of an agency-wide workload analysis tool.
- Developing and managing the succession plan program.
- Analyzing business processes to determine human capital requirements and assesses resourcing options.
- Developing and deploying strategies to improve human capital and workforce planning at FEMA.
- Developing advanced human capital workforce planning business practices, analytical methods and techniques to resolve human resource problems not susceptible to treatment by standard methods.
Occasional travel - Occasional Non-Emergency travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- U.S. citizens
- Status candidates may also apply under FEMA-17-DH-171513-MP
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473597500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.