About the Agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Air National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Supervisory IT Specialist (NETWORK/CUSTSPT)
Position Series/Grade: GS-2210-12
Position Description #: D2174P01
PAS #: FNBK
FAC #: 1XXX00
Technician Position #: 0088966834
Military Position #: 0071019034
Location: 153rd Communications Flight, Cheyenne WY
Applicants' under-grade will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Operations Section of a Base Communications Unit. This position serves as the Operations Section supervisor and a senior Information Technology (IT) specialist. This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The purpose of this position is to perform a full range of supervisory functions providing administrative control and technical direction and oversight for subordinate personnel within the Section.
b. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of incumbents.
- Provides technical expertise and management oversight, in the installation, administration, optimization, and operation of multiple large and enhanced complex networks and communication systems.
- Develops and recommends technical solutions to mission and customer requirements. Defines broad objectives as to scope and priorities of projects and requirements in the section and guides subordinates in the achievement of those objectives.
- Manages Commissioning and Acceptance requirements for contractor delivered operating systems and services. Ensures quality control process is utilized for new and existing contracts.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.