NDU is recruiting for Chief of Academic Services in the National Defense University Library & Learning Center. The Chief of Academic Services provides vision, leadership, and direction for a wide variety of Library & Learning Center services, including student and faculty research support, instructional services, collection development, course and curriculum development support, instructional design, and graduate writing support.Learn more about this agency
The NDU Library supports National Defense University by advancing education through teaching information fluency; collecting, organizing, making accessible, and preserving recorded knowledge and products of human creativity.
National Defense University (NDU) develops joint warfighters and other national security leaders through rigorous academics research and engagement to serve the common defense.
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment is not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
1. Provides leadership within the Library & Learning Center and works collaboratively across the University to plan and execute a dynamic program of support services designed to meet the current and emergent needs of students, faculty, and staff.
2. Serves as Chief of Academic Services Branch and a member of the Library & Learning Center's senior management team responsible for planning and managing a wide variety of Library & Learning Center services, including student and faculty research support, instructional services, collection development, course and curriculum support, instructional design, and graduate writing support.
3. Collaborates with the Dean of Library & Learning Center Services and other department chiefs and shares in planning, policy development, resource allocation, and personnel management; contributes to the development of strategic initiatives; and plays a key role in developing a shared vision for the Library & Learning Center's future.
4. Coordinates the Library & Learning Center's instruction program including the development and assessment of online instruction modules, workshops, and in-class instruction.
5. Oversees the development and implementation of both new and existing library reference services, guiding program planning and assessment for both traditional and online reference and instruction services.
6. Works collaboratively with faculty, deans, academic technologists, instructional designers, writing specialists and librarians to assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate course and program offerings for the Library & Learning Center.
7. Provides expertise in evaluating research and curriculum requirements and building library collections in all formats to support them. Provides expertise in online library resources and systems and envisioning how academic technology can be utilized in the teaching and learning environment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473368200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.