About the Agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This Tractor Operator position with the U.S. Army Installation Management Command, U.S. Army Garrison Directorate of Public Works Operations and Maintenance Division is located at Fort A.P. Hill, VA.
Fort A.P. Hill is located 20 minutes south of Fredericksburg, VA which is commonly referred to as the most historic small town in America. The area enjoys less traffic than Northern VA/Wash. D.C., and offers world-class quality-of-life opportunities. Shopping, dining, hunting/fishing, theme parks, battlefields, beaches, winter sports resorts, public schools ranked among the best in Virginia, and Federal Government spousal employment opportunities exist locally or are within an easy commute!
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Operates farm-type tractors and towed or attached equipment to maintain grounds, road medians, and in support of all other ground maintenance work
- Attached and towed equipment is frequently operated from the seat of the tractor through hydraulic or mechanical controls.
- The operator is responsible for making numerous equipment adjustments and performing maintenance on tractors and equipment.
- Work is performed on level or rolling terrain in such areas as open fields, parks, lawns and along roadways.
- Operator maneuvers tractor and equipment in confined areas such as between shrubs and trees and along fences and curbs.
- Operates equipment in mud, snow, and in areas where tree limbs, bushes, and flying objects are more likely to cause clogging of the equipment.
- Operates motor vehicles and trucks including platform, van, stake, and dump trucks, and cargo vans which have a gross weight of more than 10,000 pounds and up to 26,000 pounds.