Vacancy ID: 1976949
SUPERVISORY MINERALS SPECIALIST, GS-0301-13/14,
Farmington, New Mexico
GS-14: $101,409 - $131,833 Per Annum
GS-13: $85,816 - $111,560 Per Annum
NOTE: GOVERNMENT HOUSING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service may be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA): Preference eligibles may apply for permanent positions (career or career-conditional appointments) under merit promotion procedures for VEOA appointments; however, veteran's preference is not a factor in these appointments. To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, a veteran must be a preference eligible OR veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. Applicants must submit a copy of their DD-214 for verification of eligibility. For more information, click here: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: If the position is filled at a lower grade level, subsequent promotion to the next grade level will be processed without further competition under the Merit Promotion Program at such time as performance and qualification requirements are met and classification review discloses the duties being performed properly warrant classification to the next higher grade level.
NOTE: This is a supervisory position. Under provision of the Civil Service Reform Act, first-time supervisors are required to serve a trial period before their appointment becomes final. Those who do not satisfactorily complete the trial period will be returned to positions of no lower grade and pay then those they occupied before assuming their supervisory assignment.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for all phases of planning, implementing, and directing the management of Mineral development and leasing for Navajo Allotted mineral interest owners, consistent with policy directions set by Office of Natural Resources Revenue (ONRR), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), and Office of the Special Trustee (OST).
- Exercises full supervisory authority over a staff of approximately (5) professional/technical staff and one or more clerical support positions.
- Develops yearly operation plans including goals, strategies, tasks, resources, and milestones.
- Carries out and improves existing FIMO processes including inquiry resolution and related customer/beneficiary services and outreach.
- Streamlines customer/beneficiary services and cross-trains staff to eliminate bureau barriers and improve FIMO's responsiveness.
- Coordinates and collaborates workload with Executive Management Group, consisting of BIA, BLM, and ONRR.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for work assignments and/or training.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…INDIAN PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE'S / CURRENT STATUS EMPLOYEES OR FORMER EMPLOYEES WITH REINSTATEMENT ELIGIBILITY / VEOA ELIGIBLE
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473147700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.