This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status candidates under announcement MP ST-10021553-17-HJ. Applicants who wish to be considered under both delegated examining and merit promotion procedures must apply to both vacancy announcements.
This position is part of the Under Secretary of Defense for AT and L, located in Arlington, VA (Pentagon).
The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Tactical Warfare Systems (DASD(TWS)), is responsible to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition for the oversight of acquisition programs in assigned mission areas. Responsibilities include technical review and oversight of all DoD development and acquisition programs in the mission areas of Tactical and Strategic Aircraft, Tactical Land Systems, Naval Systems, Munitions, and Electronic Warfare. The directorate leads Overarching Integrated Product Teams (OIPTs) and is responsible for developing recommendations to the Defenses Acquisition Board (DAB) on major weapon system acquisition.
The primary responsibilities of the USD(AT&L) include:
- Supervising Department of Defense acquisition
- Establishing policies for acquisition (including procurement of goods and services, research and development, developmental testing, and contract administration) for all elements of the Department of Defense
- Establishing policies for logistics, maintenance, and sustainment support for all elements of the Department of Defense
As a GENERAL ENGINEER, NH-0801-4, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Manage the OSD acquisition program oversight and review process for assigned programs and activities in the areas of system acquisition and electronic warfare program management.
- Responsible for technical, engineering, and programmatic review of DoD electronic warfare acquisition programs, and other major defense acquisition programs as assigned.
- Review and evaluate monthly and quarterly status reports on assigned major acquisition programs including Selected Acquisition Reports (SAR) and Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473024300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.