About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
Who May Apply:
This positon is located in the Response and Recovery, Response Directorate. This position starts at a salary of $77,490 (GS-12) with promotion potential to the $92,145 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Response team within FEMA.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will perform emergency management work including managing, and coordinating all Federal emergency management response operations, response planning and integration of Federal, State, local, tribal, territorial, nongovernmental organizations, and private sector disaster programs.. Typical assignments include:
- Provides coordination and assistance to activities to ensure the capability to continue essential functions during any event or incident.
- Serves as an expert on emergency response policy issues, providing technical advice and guidance to professional staff in FEMA.
- Creates guidance that covers core emergency response principles; roles and responsibilities of first responders, local law enforcement, and other stakeholders in immediate response.
- Executes national civil and domestic essential emergency functions for FEMA, serving as the initial information and action focal point for FEMA’s disaster response.
- Performs as a spokesperson and/or expert at conferences, meetings, committees and working groups that propose, defend and/or criticize continuity and emergency response criteria, in order to promote and maintain a pro-active response posture.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below. Individuals who do not meet the requirements shown below may apply under FEMA-17-BG-159398-DE
which is open to the public.This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) Monday, 06/26/2017 OR at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date the 200th application is received, whichever comes first.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.