If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.Learn more about this agency
The United States Attorney's Office (USAO)/Executive Office for United States Attorneys (EOUSA) is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #6 out of 18 large agencies and EOUSA/United States Attorneys' Offices ranked #59 out of 305 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2016 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/index.php
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures under 17-SD-10019182-MS
At the full performance level, you will support Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) by providing a variety of legal assistance and office support services. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include:
- examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, and libels;
- providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation;
- assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents;
- assembling and organizing files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository;
- maintaining calendar of assigned active cases;
- tracking filing, hearing, and trials dates, and scheduling conference and interviews;
- arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations; and
- producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472455100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.