Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located at Madigan Army Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Tacoma, WA.
Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan areas with a hometown feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of our state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport, on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
On January 1, 2013, Madigan Healthcare Systems became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." As part of this new policy and Madigan's commitment to employees and their health, newly hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Ambulatory), you will perform duties such as:
- Plan, coordinate, and collaborate with other health care team members regarding the activities required to meet the patient's physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
- Assist clinic with patient and staff education.
- Develop health care plans and education policies for patient care in the clinic. Track and monitor patient compliance with Health Care Initiatives and specific patient education outcomes.
- Perform patient assessments and establish priorities for care.
- Evaluate educational activities and effectiveness.
- Plans and coordinates activities with other health care team members to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of clinic functions to include meeting the patient's multidisciplinary health and readiness needs.