From Paul Revere's lantern to sophisticated global networks today! Hanscom Air Force Base outside of Boston, MA, is home to several dynamic organizations with the important mission of providing the latest in command, control, and information systems for the Air Force, the Department of Defense and America's allies.
Joining our team will give you access to some of the nation's best academic, cultural, and historical resources, while providing a vital service to our nation's armed forces.
This announcement will result in a 90-day register which may be used to fill vacancies for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement. Referrals may be made as vacancies occur.
Hanscom Air Force Base, MA is located in a "high cost of living" area.
Position Summary: To install, repair, and modify large/complex systems that provide for a variety of air conditioning functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, cleaning, filtering, and circulating.
The Organizational Location of this Position is: USAF, AFMC, Hanscom AFB, MA 01731, 66th Air Base Group, Civil Engineering (66 ABG/CEO).
- The employee repairs and maintains a variety of large commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and supporting equipment with complex problems and extensive repairs requiring judgment to locate malfunctions.
- Plans, lays out, and installs a large complex commercial and industrial systems and supporting equipment used to condition air in warehouses, shops, hangars, hospitals, and large office buildings.
- Troubleshoots a variety of large commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and supporting equipment.
- Utilizes established safety practices, rules, regulations, and procedures to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Occasional Travel
- Work may require travel away from the normal duty station.