This announcement will result in a 90-day register which may be used to fill vacancies for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement. Referrals may be made as vacancies occur.
The primary purpose of this position is: To operate farm-type tractors on steep or rough uneven terrain where there is significant danger of overturning. The position requires seasonal gardening and grounds maintenance work.
1. Operates farm-type tractors and towed or attached equipment on steep or rough terrain causing rough jolting rides.
2. Determines equipment operations for maneuvering on steep or rough terrain that are appropriated to the operating characteristics of the tractor and towed or attached equipment.
3. Plans and carries out gardening work according to the schedule or project assignment, keeping within the framework of established gardening practices.
4. Performs operator maintenance.
5. Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment.
6. Operates a variety of gasoline, diesel, or electric powered wheeled vehicles such as platform trucks, van trucks, pick-up trucks, stake trucks or dump trucks which typically have a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 10,000 and up to 26,000 pounds
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472267500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.