Make Your Mark on the reinvention of a major government enterprise. The U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) is Keeping America Informed by providing excellent publishing and information dissemination services for official and authentic government publications to Congress, Federal agencies, Judiciary and Federal Depository Libraries and the American public. Established by Congress in 1861, GPO was founded on values of integrity, teamwork, commitment, and dependability. Be a part of history as we continue this tradition through new technologies and strategic initiatives.
Superintendent of Documents, Library Services and Content Management, Projects and Systems, Project Team; Washington, DC.
Selectee will work shift 1 and have a tour of duty of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The Planning and Development Content Management Services is responsible for the planning, development and coordination of new initiatives for electronic and web collections in support of the Library Service and Content Management mission and initiatives. Programs and projects developed in this Service result in information products and applications that are disseminated through the Library Planning and Development, Library Technical Information Services, and Collection Management and Preservation programs within the Library Services and Content Management organization.
· Knowledge of information dissemination technology, concepts, and principles.
· Ability to apply fact-finding and analytical techniques and methods used to gather, evaluate information, and develop solutions or to draw logical conclusions.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing with individuals and groups with diverse interests to accomplish program goals and objectives. Individuals may include GPO personnel, customers, and library or publishing agency partners.
· Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements for Information Dissemination programs.
· Ability to apply project management principles, manage large and small projects and project teams, complete project tasks and assignments according to established timelines.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472226600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.