Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: This vacancy open to current FDA employees and PHS Commissioned Officers only.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 OR COMMISSIONED CORPS DOCUMENTATION
This position is located within the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Pharmaceutical Quality, Office of Lifecycle Drug Products, Immediate Office, in Silver Spring, MD.
This position will be filled in one of the following occupational series: GS-401, Biologist; GS-405, Pharmacologist; and GS-1320, Chemist.
Failure to submit the required documents will results in loss of consideration. Examples of required documents are: Most recent promotion or With-in-grade Increase SF50 and the SF50 that reflects the highest grade you held, transcripts AND OTHER REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS.
First time supervisors/managers are required to serve a one year supervisory/managerial probationary period.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully under How to Apply.
All requirement must be met by the closing date of announcement.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
As the Supervisory Interdisciplinary Scientist, you will serve as the alter ego to Office Lifecycle Drug Product (OLDP) Office Director by providing leadership, program directions and general. oversight for the Office's operations and regulatory actions. The incumbent will also perform the following duties:
- Perform a variety of highly complex demanding management and program analyses; requiring a mastery of knowledge to conduct qualitative and quantitative methods of Biology, Pharmacology or Chemistry for future planning, assessments and improvement of program effectiveness.
- Develop long-range strategic plans and associated short-term implementation work plans to support the overall implementation of PDUFA and GDUFA.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of extremely complex program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and advise on organization structures, methods and procedures.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate, and direct new or modified program/management policies, regulations, goals, or objectives.