This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) Officer position.
Air Reserve Technicians (ARTs) are part of the regular civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain active membership in an Air Force Reserve unit so long as they occupy ART positions. As members of reserve units, ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. In addition, they are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Force Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL UPCOMING LIKE POSITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN. CERTIFICATES MAY BE ESTABLISHED AND USED FOR 90 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the Air Force Reserve. Retired military personnel who have active Air Force Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position and unit) on their application.
The Government's most important asset is its people.
The primary purpose of this position is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) officer to serve as an Aircraft Electronic Warfare Specialist (Instructor). Incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Provide ground and airborne instruction to reservists, flight examiners, and electronic
warfare specialists in the B-52 aircraft.
- Analyze and interpret unit training objectives
to maintain the highest level of combat mission-ready proficiency of assigned crewmembers.
- Participate in and manage a variety of administrative duties related to electronic warfare and weapons system instruction and mission accomplishment.
- Fly as an aircrew member in the B-52 aircraft.
- Occasional Travel
- Incumbent may be required to fly in a military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments