About the Agency
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health (OIR) located in Silver Spring, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CDRH-17-MP-10016102AS under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA wide.
As a Medical Technologist in the Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health (OIR), you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a senior reviewer of in vitro diagnostics, medical devices, or radiological health devices in regards to safety and effectiveness;
- Evaluating medical device or radiological health device submissions in order to report recommendation dispositions to supervisor;
- Reviewing scientific data related to pre-market notification submissions;
- Enforcing a wide variety of medical device regulations to provide authoritative guidance to both internal and external groups;
- Supporting the development and planning of technical aspects in agency compliance programs for industry facility inspections and surveillance procedures concerning medical devices; and
- Making presentations to medical and scientific experts who serve as panel members of the FDA Advisory Committee which has the responsibility for the classification and pre-market review of medical and/or radiological health devices.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel domestically for this position up to 5% of the time.