Please read the announcement in its entirety before beginning the application process to ensure you submit all the required, documents. All documents requiring signature must be signed and dated prior to submission in order to be considered complete. Resume' or CV must include the vacancy announcement number, position title, grade, how to contact you, descriptions of jobs held including the name and address of employer, job title, description of duties, beginning and ending date, (month and year) of employment, and average hours worked per week.Learn more about this agency
The North Florida/South Georgia Veteran Health System (NF/SG VHS) is recruiting for One (1) Supervisory Librarian at the NF/SG VHS in the Gainesville, FL Facility.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans. The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
GS-1410-13, Supervisory Librarian
Serves as an expert professional information specialist, who is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of all technical aspects related to the serials and document delivery segment of the North Florida/ South Georgia Veterans Health System (NF/SG VHS0 Library).
- NF/SG VHS includes two affiliated general medical and surgical VA Medical centers in Gainesville and Lake City, outpatient clinics in Jacksonville and Tallahassee, as well as an ever-increasing number of widely-dispersed community-based outpatient clinics.
- The incumbent maintains and continuously develops a collection of current subscriptions of almost 300 serial titles with hardcopy and/or Microfilm back files, and 2000 audiovisual software programs providing services to all levels of medical center staff, affiliated trainees, students, patients, and visitors.
- Responsible for serials management, document delivery and interlibrary loan services for NF/SG VHS libraries.
- In addition, the librarian collects, maintains, catalogs, and organizes a rapidly growing collection of multi-media materials, including DVDs and CDs.
- Manages all aspects of document procurement, using standard and specialized interlibrary loan databases and consortia. Conducts interviews with patrons to determinate needs and requirements for requested materials.
- Verifies request for items by searching data logs, bibliographies, and computerized databases. Assists in the development of interlibrary loan procedures and policies.
- Collects and maintains interlibrary loan statistics, including all relevant copyright information.
- Trains and advises library patrons on copyright rules and regulations, penalties, and fees.
- Obtains necessary permissions for copyrighted materials, utilizes CD, DVD, online databases, online searches, OCLC, and other library tools in wide variety of media to resolve problem requests received from NF/SG VHS staff.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a Virtual Position
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory Librarian / 573-04519-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471748300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.