Looking for a great place to work? The
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked
number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their
employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities
to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life
balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work
environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of
disciplines. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide. Working at the Corps as a civilian employee means making a direct contribution to war fighters and their families; supporting overseas contingency operations; developing technology and systems that save the lives of soldiers and civilians; providing disaster relief; and protecting and enhancing the environment and the national economy.
About the Position:
This position is a Realty Assistant for the US Army Corps of Engineers Detroit District located in Detroit,
Michigan. This position may be filled at the GS-05 or GS-06 grade level.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Special Notice: Please Read!
If you do not meet one of the eligibility requirements under "Who May Apply", please apply against announcement SWGJ17080731971229 which is open to all U.S. citizens.
This position independently completes recurring assignments to assist Real Estate professionals, using
independent judgment in processing a variety of realty documents.
- Participates in preparation of uncomplicated real estate audits
- Participates in review of maps and legal descriptions
- Assists in preparation for termination of any outgrants such as leases, easements, licenses and permits on property proposed for disposal.
- Updates various computer programs and data bases.
- Assists Realty Specialists to prepare routing option assemblies
- Accompanies Realty Specialists on negotiations with landowners
- Prepares invitations for bidsAssists in field inspections
- Corresponds with landowners to secure rights of entry permits and licenses.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel less than 10%