Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE or "The Corps") is one of the best in America! In the last three years alone, USACE has moved up 68 spots in the annual Best Places to Work in government rankings; ranking #111 of 320 agency subcomponents. Also, USACE ranked #128 out of 500 employers on Forbes' "America's Best Employers" of 2015 list. From this list, the Corps ranked #10 in the government services industry, #6 in the federal government, and #8 in the engineering field. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide. Working at the Corps as a civilian employee means making a direct contribution to war fighters and their families; supporting overseas contingency operations; developing technology and systems that save the lives of soldiers and civilians; providing disaster relief; and protecting and enhancing the environment and the national economy.
About the Position:
This position is a Realty Assistant for the US Army Corps of Engineers Detroit District located in Detroit, Michigan. This position may be filled at the GS-05 or GS-06 grade level.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Special Notice: Please Read!
If you are currently a permanent, Federal employee or have other appointment eligibility(s) as an internal candidate, please apply for this vacancy against SWGJ17080731971306 for status candidates.
This position independently completes recurring assignments to assist Real Estate professionals, using independent judgment in processing a variety of realty documents.
- Participates in preparation of uncomplicated real estate audits
- Participates in review of maps and legal descriptions
- Assists in preparation for termination of any outgrants such as leases, easements, licenses and permits on property proposed for disposal.
- Updates various computer programs and data bases.
- Assists Realty Specialists to prepare routing option assemblies
- Accompanies Realty Specialists on negotiations with landowners
- Prepares invitations for bids
- Assists in field inspections
- Corresponds with landowners to secure rights of entry permits and licenses.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel less than 10%