This vacancy announcement will be open from June 8, 2017 to June 14, 2017 or when 100 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a qualifying educational program in an accredited institution, on a full or half-time basis with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. Applicants must meet the definition of "student" in order to be considered for this opportunity. Internship appointments under the Internship Experience Program (IEP) are non-temporary and can last the duration of the student's academic program. This will be determined at the time of selection. At the successful conclusion of the program, interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position in the competitive service. Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules.
Pathways candidates must meet the DOS qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. All applicants must meet the qualifications by the closing date of this announcement.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 at time of application and must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA throughout the entire Pathways Internship appointment;
- Degree does not have to be related to the position/series; however to be eligible, candidate must meet the OPM qualification standards for the position to which the Intern may be converted.
Learn more about this agency
The Office of Real Property Management (A/OPR/RPM) acquires and manages all domestic Department of State real property - more than 9 million square feet of GSA-owned, DOS-owned and leased facilities in over 130 locations nationwide. In addition to the Harry S Truman (HST) building and 60 facilities in the Washington metropolitan area, there are more than 70 DOS regional facilities nationwide.
A/OPR/RPM provides a complete range of domestic real property management services including leasing, architectural, engineering and construction services, floor plan design, and furniture selection for all Department organizations. RPM is comprised of 4 divisions.
As an Interior Design Trainee, you will:
- Perform administrative assignments of limited complexity, related to specific missions of the organization and broad projects managed by higher-graded staff.
- Apply professional knowledge of, and skill in applying, basic theories, concepts, and principles to general research of design-related requirements, project documentation, graphic support and design details.
- Assist with preparing and editing scopes of work for interior design services.
- Conduct administrative duties involved with electronically maintaining contract files, project logs, deliverables under contract and payments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens who are Students Accepted for Enrollment During the Current or Next Upcoming Semester in a Degree-seeking Program (diploma, certificate, etc.) in an Accredited/Qualifying Educational Institution, on a Full or Half-time Basis with a projected graduation date on or after Fall 2018.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471467200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.