About the Agency
This is NOT a full-time position and the position does not have a recurring work schedule. Intermittent positions enable the University to meet a broad range of customer requirements, including surge, applying diverse acquisition and leadership experience.
There is no minimum guarantee of hours of work for an intermittent position and the total hours that may be worked in a 12-month period may not exceed 1000 hours. The number of hours that are available to be worked in a position during a 12-month period will be subject to negotiation between the University and the applicant.
Are you ready to help a world-class university take on the challenges of reaching over 150,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
- Deliver Performance Learning through consulting efforts to the members and organizations of the Department of Defense including the military services and other federal agencies providing technical guidance and assistance on various defense acquisition matters including those of unusual complexity or without precedence.
- Facilitate adult learning concerning the Defense Acquisition Management System (as prescribed by DoDI 5000.02) in DAU classrooms, customer workplaces and in virtual environments via distance-learning technologies.
- Share essential information regarding the current events, policies, best practices, etc. within your area of expertise and personal experience via the Acquisition Community Connection (ACC), Functional Area Communities of Practice (CoP) the DAU Ask-A-Professor program and direct dialog with customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 25% or Greater
- You may be expected to travel for this position.