Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): T1967889
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
This position is located in the Surgery Service and accountable to the Chief, Surgical Service, for assuring the most effective delivery of care in Otolaryngology (specialized in Surgery) while meeting and exceeding compliance standards.
- Provides a full range of diagnostic, therapeutic and operative procedures for patients in the outpatient, inpatient and operative settings.
- Comprehensive medical care includes surgical evaluation and peri-operative care, in the clinic setting, inpatient wards and emergency department.
- Appropriate licensure/certification is required.
- Performs the administrative components of patient care management such as: provides dictation of progress notes, OP reports, discharge summaries, signatures, and consultation referrals for inpatients and outpatients, etc.
- Current BLS certification is required.
- Responds to patient telephone calls, informs patients of test results, renews prescriptions, gives telephone/email advice to other provides and performs administrative duties.
- Basic computer skills are required using VistA or CPRS for ordering and making entries into the electronic medical record.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday with variable hours and rotating weekends and call coverage
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician