OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise: "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). America's Veterans need you!
The Librarian will be working at the VA Healthcare System located in Muskogee, OK. This position is located in the Education Service.
Major duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serves as the expert professional information specialist and has full delegated authority and responsibility for developing, managing, and administering a comprehensive library program and overseeing all aspects of daily operations of the libraries (including Medical and Patient Education Libraries, plus library services/resources for community based outpatient clinics) for the Eastern Oklahoma Healthcare System.
- Provides an extensive breadth of materials to support the diverse needs of the above-named groups for patient care and education, as well as a depth of subject coverage for front-line research, various surgical procedures, and state-of-the-art specialized treatment programs.
- Develops, manages, and directs an extensive facility library program which includes but is not limited to access and use of the VISN and nationally funded resources.
- Provides information and reference support to clinical and nursing programs and committees.
- Serve as an active team member with the multi-disciplinary management and clinical operations.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470962600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.