This vacancy announcement will be open from May 26, 2017 to June 2, 2017 or when 100 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a qualifying educational program in an accredited institution, on a full or half-time basis with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. Applicants must meet the definition of "student" in order to be considered for this opportunity. Internship appointments under the Internship Experience Program (IEP) are non-temporary and can last the duration of the student's academic program. This will be determined at the time of selection. At the successful conclusion of the program, interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position in the competitive service. Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules.
Pathways candidates must meet the DOS qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. All applicants must meet the qualifications by the closing date of this announcement.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 at time of application and must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA throughout the entire Pathways Internship appointment;
- Degree does not have to be related to the position/series; however to be eligible, candidate must meet the OPM qualification standards for the position to which the Intern may be converted.
Learn more about this agency
The White House Liaison (M/WHL) advises, assists, and facilitates all non-career appointments within the Department, including Presidential Appointees requiring Senate confirmation (PAS), Senior Executive Service (SES), and Schedule C employees. M/WHL staff coordinates between the Department and the White House on the selection and appointment of all boards, commissions, Presidential delegations, and conferences.
As a Program Analyst Trainee, you will:
• Compiles various data as directed by the supervisor or higher-graded staff.
• Receive technical inquiries from throughout the organization and forward to appropriate staff members for response.
• Respond to inquiries requiring the exchange of readily available factual information.
• Assist specialists on standardized procurement requests and provide follow-up with requestors on factual matters.
• Review and assemble relevant information in accordance with specific guidance and enter data into automated systems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens who are Students Accepted for Enrollment During the Current or Next Upcoming Semester in a Degree-seeking Program (diploma, certificate, etc.) in an Accredited/Qualifying Educational Institution, on a Full or Half-time Basis with a projected graduation date on or after Fall 2018.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470751000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.