About the Position:
As the second-largest city in the state of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh is known for its strong economy, education opportunities, and exciting cultural attractions. Home to the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers, prestigious educational institutions, family friendly amusement, and Pittsburgh's downtown area being full of life.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
If you are currently a permanent, Federal employee or have other appointment eligibility(s) as an internal candidate, please apply for this vacancy against SWGJ176808511959872R for status candidates.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide structural engineering services for new construction and rehabilitations on large, complex river navigation (locks and dams), flood control reservoir and local flood protection projects using established U.S. Army Corps of Engineer design criteria and directives; national building codes and standards; and engineering principles and judgment.
- You will perform analysis and design applying standard engineering methods and techniques in the performance of preliminary and final design including stress and stability analysis, structural steel design, steel connection design, reinforced concrete design and development of detailing for steel and concrete features.
- As part of design or evaluation of various structures, you will prepare Design Documentation Report (Design Basis); design calculations utilizing structural design and analysis software including STAAD Pro, ANSYS, FB-MultiPier, PCA sP Concrete Suite, MathCAD, and EXCEL.
- You will prepare construction contract documents for various structural features for challenging and complex Civil Works projects for river navigation systems, flood control reservoir projects and, local flood protection projects.
- You will work with CADD Technicians to develop drawings utilizing CADD and BIM software; determines requirements for technical aspects of project specifications; and prepares amendments and engineering revisions.
- You will coordinate structural aspects of projects with multi-disciplined engineering team, Operations personnel and Construction Engineering personnel responsible for related specialized phases of the projects to arrive at functional designs and solutions to technical and operational problems.
- You will perform in role of Project Engineer in design by coordinating the efforts of multi-disciplined teams, developing and tracking budgets, preparation of scopes of work, ensuring quality processes are followed, and ensuring contract documents are complete. In construction, provides support to the Construction Engineering staff by coordinating the review of transmittals and RFI's by the engineering team and assisting with the resolution of construction issues.
- You will perform inspections and assessments of the District's infrastructure including hydraulic steel structures, concrete structures, and bridges; and develops memos and reports with recommendations based on field observations.
Occasional travel - Business Travel up to 10 Percent
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470580500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.