About the Agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement and willing to cross-train in to the industrial hygienist career field.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 6: Nationwide Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Open to current active duty, reserve or national guard members of one of the branches of the US Military (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard), willing to cross-train in to the Industrial Hygienist career field and able to transfer to the Wyoming Air National Guard.
Position Title: Industrial Hygienist
Position Series/Grade: GS-0690-11
Position Description #: D1719000
FAC #: 531100
PAS #: FMST
Technician Position #: 0076729334
Military Position #: 0981288
Position Location: 153rd Medical Group, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade E7/MSgt if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: go.usa.gov/cGqFh
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Medical Group at an Air National Guard Wing. The purpose of this position is to provide a professional Industrial Hygienist to plan, schedule, execute, manage, and administer the installation-wide Industrial Hygiene/Bioenvironmental Engineering Program (IH/BEE), which includes occupational health/industrial hygiene, radiation safety, and environmental monitoring to maintain and promote the health and well-being of military and technician personnel.
As an INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST, GS-0690-11, you will:
(1) Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance with applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Air Force Occupational Safety and health (AFOSH) directives and regulations.
(2) Research industrial operations and develop, implement, and execute surveillance strategies, inspections and evaluations of operational facilities and various activities to detect and eliminate health hazards.
(3) Determine and assign Risk Assessment Code (RAC) to health hazards.
(4) Review plans for new and existing facility construction projects.
(5) Manage and assess installation environmental sampling, analysis and monitoring requirements, and perform ambient, source and substance tests and monitoring.
(6) Serve as advisor to state occupational safety and health councils, member/advisor on management boards and committees concerning industrial health and bioenvironmental issues.
(7) Coordinate and perform internal and external Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health audits.
(8) Maintain regulations, standards and manuals; write supplemental guidance to ANG and AF directives; prepare correspondence and a variety of reports relative to the local IH/BEE program.
(9) Serve as the competent authority on radioactive material on base, controlling management of these materials from receipt to disposal.
(10) Research, formulate, and implement workplace air sampling strategy; perform air sampling surveys and evaluate results.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Only current active duty, reserve or national guard members of one of the branches of the US Military (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard), willing to cross-train in to the Industrial Hygienist career field and able to transfer to the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.