About the Agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate enlistment if selected for this position. For enlistment, contact (307) 251-1234 or email WyomingGuard@gmail.com.
Open Area of Consideration:
Area 6: Nationwide Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Open to current members of the US Army, US Army Reserves, or Army National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Army National Guard.
Position Title: Education Technician
Position Series/Grade: GS-1702-07
Position Description #: D2012000
Paragraph #: 1320
Line #: 405
Position Location: Deputy Chief of Staff Personnel (DCSPER), Cheyenne WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (E6/SSG) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
As a EDUCATION TECHNICIAN, GS-1702-7, you will:
(1) Perform a variety of administrative functions in support of the Education Services Programs (i.e. Information Management and Reporting Center) for the State of Wyoming.
(2) Provide customer support for personnel regarding educational goals. Discusses potential benefit of course or educational programs in terms of career development and self-development.
(3) Consolidate information recorded in monthly program evaluation reports prepared from attendance records, contracts, or other sources and puts this information into the prescribed format.
(4) Maintain accountability for educational funds. Monitors expenditures and obligations against allotted budget.
(5) Provide information and briefings concerning educational services such as placement tests, Montgomery G.I. Bill (MGIB), all levels (intermediate through post-graduate) of educational programs and courses, tuition assistance, and other services available to qualified personnel who have requested this information.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Only current military members of the United States Army, Army Reserves or Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.