Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The purpose of this position is to assist with the provision of direct outpatient pharmacy services at the Branch of Pharmacy Services, Fort Washakie Service Unit, Indian Health Service, Fort Washakie, Wyoming. The position reports to the Chief Pharmacist.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
READVERTISEMENT -This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-17-BI-1948055-DE++ for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- Perform technical processes entailed in filling, labeling, and preparing medications for dispensing and or distribution to patients.
- Maintain pharmacy storeroom inventory and properly store drugs, monitor expiration dates and rotation of drug stocks.
- Assist with filling pharmacy supply orders.
- Repackage drugs from bulk stores into prescription size, maintains control of logs as required for quality control and statistical purposes.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles;
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.