The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Air National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
Area 5: Indefinite Job Opportunity Dual Status Technician - Merit Promotion: All current military members of the Wyoming Air National Guard may apply.
Position Title: Logistics Management Specialist
Position Series/Grade: GS-0346-12
Position Description #: D1414P01
PAS #: F2HB
FAC #: 402100
Position #: 0076443034
Location: 153rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Cheyenne WY
Min: O2/1st Lt
This position is located in the Plans and Integration Section of the Deployment and Distribution Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. Serves as the Logistics Officer with responsibility for overall program management, direction, and control of wing logistics planning that includes multiple units and may include geographically separated units where no logistics management personnel are assigned. The primary purpose of this position is to manage, direct, develop and implement policy programs and procedures for the accurate management of Wing Logistics planning. Serves as the Logistics Officer/Specialist and provides administrative and technical oversight to a lower-graded specialist. This position is responsible for fully prepared, assigned unit personnel and equipment for Aerospace Expeditionary Force/Wing (AEF/AEW) Operations around the world.
b. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Manages, directs, and implements the local formulation and publication of installation deployment guidance based on regulations, manuals, instructions, and directives issued by higher headquarters.
(2) Serves as the Installation Deployment Officer (IDO), and acts for the Commander, regarding actions required to deploy in support of Aerospace Expeditionary Forces (AEF), contingency operations, Operations Other Than War (OOTW), and exercises.
(3) Identifies all required deployment/redeployment support with the Wing Staff Air Mobility / Command (AMC) and Air Combat Command (ACC) regarding the transportation of equipment and personnel. Determines the type and number of aircraft required for mission deployment/redeployment.
(4) Plans, develops, directs, and conducts deployment training for the wing and units.
(5) Reviews Operation Plans (OPLANS), Concept Plans (CONPLANS), Concept of Operations (CONOP); and USAF Special Operations, Exercise, and Exercise Order plans received from and directed by higher headquarters (or locally generated) to determine overall wing and unit tasking.
(6) Manages the wing support agreement program for the Commander. As the wing's focal point, negotiates, writes, coordinates, and monitors Inter/Intra Service Support agreements; memorandums of understanding/agreement; disposal and contingency agreements; and exercise and deployment agreements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current military members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469926900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.