Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.Learn more about this agency
The National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) leads the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation's physical and cyber infrastructure. Learn more about NPPD.
Are you interested in a job protecting our Nation against cyber threats? Then consider joining the Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division in the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD).
NPPD leads the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure. Within NPPD, CS&C is responsible for helping the civilian government and the private sector better manage their cybersecurity and communications risk.
At CS&C, we help our government and private sector customers by responding to incidents, sharing information, developing and promulgating best practices, and increasing our Nation's cyber security capacity. Every day, CS&C employees make a difference as they enhance the security, resilience, and reliability of our Nation's critical networks and address threats to our public health and safety, economy, and national security.
This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
This is an open continuous announcement for 90 days, or until all positions are filled. It will be used to fill immediate and future vacancies for this agency. The first cut-off date will be 10 business days after the opening date of the announcement. Additional cut-off dates may be established until all vacancies have been filled.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
In this position, you will be providing program/project management support for information technology (IT) and/or cybersecurity related programs and/or projects. Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Examine strategic direction for program initiatives and activities, personnel, infrastructure, policy enforcement, emergency planning, IT and/or cybersecurity awareness, and/or other resources.
- Consult with customers to define project scope and objectives, and evaluate functional requirements; coordinate with systems architects and developers, as needed, to provide oversight in the development of design solutions.
- Research and identify available technologies and standards to meet customer requirements; Assist in the identification of functional and security related features to find opportunities for new capability developments to exploit or mitigate cyber vulnerabilities
- Support the design and development of secure interface specifications between interconnected systems; support the design, develop, and integration of system security measures (including polices and requirements) that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability authentication, and non-repudiation
- Support the development of architectures or system components consistent with technical specifications.
Occasional travel - 1-5 days travel per month may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469666400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.