Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serves as a staff member of a civilian human resources team responsible for providing technical advice and assistance in a variety of civilian Human Resource (HR) program areas. Participates in the development, execution, evaluation, and oversight of the civilian HR programs. Position is located at Ft Belvoir, Virginia with Headquarters, Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army (OAA).
Career Program: 10
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Conduct projects and studies to identify and resolve problems pertaining to various civilian HR program areas.
- Analyze and evaluate HR program policy, procedures and execution, providing recommendations and corrective action to include new or revised program requirements, policy and or training.
- Prepare and present reports and briefings on program status and/or recommend action to key staff elements.
- Plan projects involving a specific HR area of broader studies to resolve controversial issues.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel to other duty locations (TDY) is required approximately 5%