Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.Learn more about this agency
These positions will provide chair side assistance in oral surgical procedures, general dentistry, x-ray, record-keeping and clinical maintenance within the Indian Health Service, Wind River Service Unit, Fort Washakie, WY.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Restore teeth after preparation has been accomplished.
- Apply and remove rubber dam, remove temporary fillings using low speed hand piece. Select adapts, seat and cement stainless steel crowns.
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and bridges.
- Perform dental laboratory procedures, pours and trims models, fabricates custom trays, and bite rims, mount casts on articulator, and pours final impressions.
- Provide dental chair side assisting and anticipates dentist's need for instruments, material, and service.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469561500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.