About the Agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate enlistment if selected for this position. For enlistment, contact (307) 251-1234 or email WyomingGuard@gmail.com.
Open Area of Consideration:
Area 6: Nationwide Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Open to current members of the US Army, US Army Reserves, or Army National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Army National Guard.
Position Title: Target Systems Repairer
Position Series/Grade: WG-2601-08
Position Description #: D1142000
Paragraph #: 1910
Line #: 086
Position Location: Training Center Command, Camp Guernsey, WY
Min: E4/SPC (With BLC)
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
As a TARGET SYSTEMS REPAIRER, WG-2601-8, you will:
- Inspect and test Army Standard Integrated Target systems, using wiring diagrams, schematics, technical manuals and test equipment (i.e., voltmeters, multiplexers, miniature consoles and digital multi-meters).
- Isolate faulty components and determine extent of repair or replacement required to restore power, signal or correct mechanical operation.
- Install thermal target equipment to include, but not be limited to, AC or DC powered thermal heating panels.
- Develop training scenarios for down range target systems, using the computer controlled integrated target systems control panel.
- Operate and perform operational and organizational maintenance on gasoline and/or diesel powered generating systems and various portable power sources used in support of range control and target systems.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.