About the Agency
The NIST Material Measurement Laboratory (MML) serves as the national reference laboratory for measurements in the chemical, biological and material sciences through activities ranging from fundamental and applied research, to the development and dissemination of certified reference materials, critically evaluated data, and other programs and tools to assure the quality of measurement results. MML is also responsible for coordinating the NIST-wide Standard Reference Material and Standard Reference Data programs.
The NIST MML is seeking an Administrative Support Assistant in the Genome-Scale Measurement Group located in Stanford, California.
Are you ready to explore your future with NIST?
Your application package may be shared with other selecting officials at NIST with opportunities like the one you are applying to. Additional selections may be made through this vacancy.
In this position, you will serve as an Administrative Support Assistant (OA). Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administering time and attendance;
- Arranging travel;
- Receiving visitors and incoming calls;
- Scheduling appointments and managing calendars;
- Purchasing and procuring office supplies, equipment and services;
- Reviewing documents, reports and correspondence; and
- Establishing and maintaining an office filing system.