The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-SAMHSA-MP-17-1932713 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is located in the Office of Management, Technology and Operations (OMTO), Division of Technology Management, located in Rockville, MD.
PHS Commissioned Corps (CC) Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement. Learn more about this agency
- Reviewing and implementing the ongoing network of HHS target architecture (e.g., mainframe, mid-tier, & data communications).
- Analyzing business strategies and operational processes.Identifying and developing cost-effective alternative solutions.
- Evaluating service-level agreements and quality performance measures.
- Serving as a technical liaison to ensure effective communication of the group's plans, needs and capabilities.
- Serving as an ad hoc project leader for technical projects.
- Overseeing IT and contractors' response to security audits and corrective action plans to meet HHS standards.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/468217000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.