Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: You will serve as a Visual Information Specialist (Graphics) for the US Army Headquarters Services, Army Multimedia and Visual Information Directorate, Army Graphics Division working with customers to develop graphic designs that communicate information through a variety of media. The incumbent uses ingenuity/imagination to create original designs and prepares artwork for commercial printing or electronic distribution. The position is located at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Career Program 34
NOTE: This position will be filled only at the GS-07 level.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility
for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Utilizes a variety of methods, techniques, and materials used in the design, production, and reproduction of visual products to plan the technical details of, or produce, aesthetically composed visual products in a timely manner.
- Analyzes text or script material to determine best means of presenting information to clarify/simplify verbal material.
- Establishes the requirements for each project for the use of color, special construction, and other printing processes.
- Performs layout of publications and furnishes all required printer specifications such as paper, color mode (spot or process), typography, paper stock, and/or binding.
- Produces original designs and visual communication products for use in a variety of visual information products including training, administrative, and information publications, briefings, seminars, arrival/departure ceremonies, and conferences material.
- Occasional Travel
- 10% Business travel