Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
of Military History's mission is to accurately collect, preserve, interpret, and
express the Army's history and material culture in order to educate and
professionally develop our Army, the military profession and the Nation more
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
NOTE: Position is designated as Mission Essential. Employee may be required to remain on duty or report for duty during severe weather or other installation closings. May be required to work overtime and other than normal duty hours which may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays. Call back and emergency duty are regular requirements of this position.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Serve as the Chief of Facility Operations for the National Museum of the U.S. Army (NMUSA).
- Formulate and put into effect sustainable operations and maintenance plans, including economical space operations and work management policies.
- Plan and administer various facility and service contracts to operate, maintain and upgrade the NMUSA facilities, grounds and systems supporting the museum's exhibits.
- Provide facility planning support to/for buildings, structures, architectural components, utility systems, roadways, land development, equipment and vehicles.
- Determine requirements, prepare and submit budget estimates, and administer the funds appropriated annually for services, construction, maintenance, operations and repairs.
- Monitor quality aspects to ensure that contractors comply with completion of effort and prepare inspection reports.
- Coordinate all safety inspections by the post and serve as the NMUSA representative on the post safety committees.
- Train all museum staff in safety procedures required by the installation, Dept of Army, or federal government.
- Occasional Travel
- 10% Official Business Travel