Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Natick Contracting Division (NCD) is a full service contracting organization managing integrated acquisition from research and development through production and post production services. As part of US Army Contracting Command, NCD's expertise is utilized by all of the Armed Services, but in particular we provide contracting support to key Program Executive Offices and Program Managers supporting the U.S. Army's major acquisition programs. We contract for major soldier support systems ranging from uniforms and individual equipment to air drop delivery, as well as, critical technologies such as Chemical/Biological agent detection and protection and Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Beyond equipment, we also support procurement efforts for critical medical programs such as Traumatic Brain Injury research. As an integral part of the US Army team, NCD strives to implement world class best practices in procurement to ensure the sustainment, survivability and success of the 21st century warfighter.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
The incumbent of this position performs a variety of budgetary and administrative functions in implementing the budgetary program, policies and procedures for the Natick Contracting Division's operating budget. Specifically, you will:
- Develop, formulate and revise Natick Contracting's annual operating budget
- Research, compile, compute and prepare estimates
- Select and enter budgetary information on various forms, schedules and reports
- Compose or edit justification statements
- Analyze and report fund expenditures
- Maintain formal and informal accounting records
- Serve as liaison between Natick Contracting Division management and Aberdeen Proving Ground Directorate of Resource Management
- Review and accept reimbursable Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPR)
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight business travel up to 10% of the time