The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
The main purpose of this position is to operate several specialized work stations (automated and manual) or a portion if a bulk fuel distribution system to manage aviation/ground petroleum and lube oil products.
To learn more about the living and working
condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain
limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we
are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a
selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no
longer subject to the hiring freeze.
- Operate several specialized automated/manual work stations or a portion of a large fuel storage and dispending system to transfer fuel to ships, small craft, tankers, barges, and tank trucks
- Transfer petroleum products from bulk storage via pipeline to underground or above ground storage tanks
- Receive incoming petroleum fuel and lube oil by truck, tanker, barge, ship or pipeline
- Inspect bills of lading or invoices, verifying proper destination, grade, amount, and car or container numbers
- Insert calibrated measuring device into storage tanks and calculate volume by measurement indicated