WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current, on-board (Perm/Indef) GA ARNG Enlisted Technicians assigned to USPFO.
Position Location: USPFO, Atlanta, GA.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Relocation Incentive: Relocation incentive is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent, dual-status position which requires Georgia Army National Guard Membership.
Job Summary: This position is located in the USPFO. The primary purpose of the position is to provide management with objectively based information to effectively assess the full range of logistical asset accountability of all units/activities within the state. The purpose is to monitor and ensure effectiveness of operations regarding logistics accountability. Identifies process, system, and equipment on hand deficiencies by applying defect prevention principles and root cause problem resolution techniques and recommends corrective action for each. Serves as advisor to the USPFO and his staff members regarding compliance, readiness posturing as relates to accountability, and mission limiting issues.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military program analyst functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Army National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of the position for which you are applying:
- Develops sampling plans and procedures for validating unit/activity accountability and inventory certifications.
- Evaluates unit and organizational effectiveness.
- Collectively evaluates management effectiveness of property management functions and informing management of their programs.
- Applies statistical analysis techniques to measure progress, efficiency, and trends impacting the effectiveness of the organization to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
- Interprets a variety of requirements making independent judgments to determine organizational compliance with applicable regulations, procedures and practices.
- Advises the USPFO, DCSLOG/G4, Command Staff, unit/activity commanders, activity managers on the evaluation of basic program policies, regulatory requirements, and follow-up procedures regarding applicable completed evaluation.
- Develops processes, management, administrative, and technical evaluation plans for implementation by supervisors/managers.
- Recommends internal reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports.
- Manages the evaluation program to ensure required actions are tracked and completed.
- Reviews and ensures ground safety, fire prevention and security standards are being followed.
- Responsible for on the spot corrective assistance and guidance to unit/activity personnel during the conduct of the evaluation/review.
- Coordinates with other logistics sections within the USPFO and Joint Force Headquarters to resolve technical problems concerning supply and equipment authorizations and accountability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.