About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0349000and is part of the Wyoming National Guard's 153rd Logistics Readiness Squadron.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, WG-5803-10, you will:
(1) Perform major repairs and maintenance on heavy mobile equipment and special purpose vehicles such as: fuel dispensing trucks, crash/structural fire equipment and pump trucks, large runway snow removal vehicles, sweepers, bulldozers, mobile cranes, road graders, heavy construction and earth moving vehicles, backhoes, power shovels, front end loaders and pans and trenchers.
(2) Diagnose the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks, test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges in order to determine the exact nature or extent of repairs or adjustments necessary to complete work.
(3) Perform body repair and corrosion control, refinishes and repaints surfaces as required.
(4) Prepare, maintain and submit applicable maintenance work orders for man-hour and data collection accounting, to include completing forms to reflect work performed or delayed and parts and maintenance required.
(5) Assist in review and updating maintenance technical orders, shop operating instructions, commercial publications, MAJCOM and local publications, as well as other pertinent directives.
(6) Operate general and special purpose vehicles and base maintenance and materials handling equipment, as required to support the unit mission.