MAJOR DUTIES: (Detailed duties are on the Position Description available at the Human Resources Office.)
The purpose of this position is to manage and accomplish
work in the area of personnel medical readiness management and reporting;
provide quality assurance and advisory services to subordinate units.
(1) Serves as the subject matter expert and advisor to the Deputy State Surgeon on the Individual
Medical Readiness (IMR) program. Interprets policy and provides procedural guidance to the commander,
staff members and individual military members. Keeps current on and ensures the implementation of regulations and
directives. Develops guidelines and operational procedures to implement changes to policies and programs directed
by higher headquarters. Researches and resolves the most difficult problems and questions, including those where
guidance is only partially relevant or is incomplete. Accomplishes a variety of statistical data/reports, analyzes the information, identifies trends, and makes
recommendations to assist in management decisions. Conducts unit visits and provides training,
guidance and assistance to Soldiers.
(2) Responsible for the organization's medical readiness programs. Monitors the status of health assessments
within the organization and ensures appropriate scheduling and completion. Provide
technical guidance to unit administrative personnel on medical readiness.
(3) Responsible for collection, input, and management of medical readiness information for IDARNG units. Coordinates and ensures the timely and accurate input of data regarding physicals, dental, immunizations, HIV/DNA, and profiling into the automated medical records and management systems.
medical management information reports for the Deputy State Surgeon. Reviews IDARNG's medical readiness prior to
submission the Deputy State Surgeon for quality and completion.
and provides IMR reports to subordinate units to support the scheduling of
annual medical readiness requirements.
(6) Reviews, validates, and forwards requests for
temporary and/or permanent medical actions to include profile determination and
medical boards (e.g. fitness for duty evaluation (FFDE), military occupational
skills/medical retention board (MMRB), medical evaluation board/physical
evaluation board (MEB/PEB)). Provides assistance
to prepare, review, schedule, monitor, and submit line of duty investigations
and packets for required medical review and/or action.
the execution of all medical readiness events (military and civilian) to ensure
compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations and that required documentation
is submitted to facilitate payment.
(8) Ensures subordinate unit personnel maintain medical
records in accordance with Army regulations/instructions and other established
guidelines. Adheres to and provides guidance to IDARNG units concerning
regulations, policies, directives, and standards
pursuant to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule and the release of medical information/records.
(9) Advises the on manual and automated medical record management programs relative to documentation, regulations, directives, and organizational readiness reporting requirements.
(10) May assist with a variety of
administrative/clerical support functions to ensure the effective operation of
the office. Maintains a variety of files,
records, and forms; prepares special and recurring reports; receives and
distributes mail and composes replies to routine military and non-military
correspondence; maintains suspense records of items requiring action or replies
and notifies staff members when action is required.
(11) Performs other duties as assigned.