About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is hiring exceptional interns to fill our dynamic positions! For this internship, you must be able to work full or part-time when not attending classes (i.e. summers, fall and spring breaks, etc.).
These intern positions are designed to prepare student trainee's for employment after graduation as a Civil/Electrical Engineer or Computer Science. Interns will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation in a real world work environment.
This opportunity follows a standard promotional path:
1.Internship selections will be made at the GS-02; GS-03; or GS-04 grade levels. These grade levels are what typical college students in their first; second; or third year can qualify for.
2.After completion of Internship requirements, you may be eligible for conversion to the entry-level for the target occupation. Entry level for these positions are typically at the GS-07 grade level. The actual grade level at the time of conversion depends on academic achievement and other factors.
3.The full performance level of this position is GS-11. Progression from the entry-level to the full performance level for this occupation will depend on successful completion of all requirements for promotion. Promotions may be considered after a year at each grade level, but are not guaranteed to occur on a specific time schedule.
See eligibility requirements for conversion to a permanent or term position in the "Other Information" section below.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution on at least a half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled). Short-term training programs (e.g., several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.Learn more about this agency
This position provides for development and training under the Pathways Internship Program. Intern assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training.
At the full-performance level of GS-11, you will be expected to:
- Review, analyze, study, and recommend proposed solutions to problems and objectives stated by supervisor concerning CADD/GIS, Intergraph, micro-station, personal computer and related hardware, software and training.
- Work with all phases of application, implementation and operation, and interfaces, as required, with District elements consisting of several engineering disciplines.
- Implement proposed solutions; and provides independent verification of results to insure that desired objective is obtained.
- Document hardware and software problems and proceeds with solution, as needed.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of CADD/GIS, Intergraph, micro-station, personal computer and related hardware and software technology, and ensures planning personnel are aware of the latest capabilities in the hardware/software field.
- Review requests as to the compatibility of CADD/GIS, Intergraph, micro-station, personal computer and related systems of AE contractors.
- Assist in monitoring CADD/GIS, Intergraph, microstation, personal computer and related hardware, software, and training system function and reviewing data bases; and in the management of disc, CD ROM and related storage resources to ensure that all data files are properly maintained and backed up.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467083600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.