About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is hiring exceptional interns to fill our dynamic positions! For this internship, you must be able to work full or part-time when not attending classes (i.e. summers, fall and spring breaks, etc.).
These intern positions are designed to prepare student trainee's for employment after graduation as a Civil Engineer. Interns will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation in a real world work environment.
This opportunity follows a standard promotional path:
1.Internship selections will be made at the GS-02; GS-03; or GS-04 grade levels. These grade levels are what typical college students in their first; second; or third year can qualify for.
2.After completion of Internship requirements, you may be eligible for conversion to the entry-level for the target occupation. Entry level for these positions are typically at the GS-07 grade level. The actual grade level at the time of conversion depends on academic achievement and other factors.
3.The full performance level of this position is GS-11. Progression from the entry-level to the full performance level for this occupation will depend on successful completion of all requirements for promotion. Promotions may be considered after a year at each grade level, but are not guaranteed to occur on a specific time schedule.
See eligibility requirements for conversion to a permanent or term position in the "Other Information" section below.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution on at least a half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled). Short-term training programs (e.g., several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.Learn more about this agency
This position provides for development and training under the Pathways Internship Program. Intern assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training.
At the full-performance level of GS-11, you will be expected to:
- Interpret design documents and oversee the proper execution of construction work.
- Make design calculations, stability analyses, and lay-outs for the development of civil engineering features.
- Conduct comprehensive studies and develop general designs of portions of various civil works engineering projects, including navigation locks and dams, flood control dams, and other water-related projects.
- Provide guidance and control over the planning, designing, constructing, evaluating, inspecting, maintaining and operating, and decommissioning or demolition of structures, infrastructures, and systems under contract or the jurisdiction of external interested entities.
- Design and analyze designs, drawings, proposals, scopes of work, specifications, and cost estimates for projects and design changes during construction.
- Perform layout and scheduling of operations to include inspection, quality control, and assurance activities for materials, methods, and equipment used in construction.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467082500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.