About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
For this internship, you must be able to work full-time when not attending classes (i.e. summers, fall and spring breaks, etc.) and as much as feasible when classes are in session. You must be available to work in the geographic location of the advertised job while still maintaining a student status.
This intern position is designed to prepare a student trainee for employment after graduation as an Accountant. Interns will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation in a real world work environment.
This opportunity follows a standard promotional path:
- Internship selections will be made at the GS-03 or GS-04 level (typically college students in their second or third year).
- After completion of Internship requirements, you may be eligible for conversion to the entry-level for the target occupation. Entry level for these positions are typically at the GS-05 or GS-07 level. The actual grade level at the time of conversion depends on academic achievement and other factors.
- The full performance level of this position is GS-11. Progression from the entry-level to the full performance level for this occupation will depend on successful completion of all requirements for promotion. Promotions may be considered after a year at each grade level, but are not guaranteed to occur on a specific time schedule.
See eligibility requirements for conversion to a permanent or term position in the "Other Information" section below.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution. Short-term training programs (e.g. several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.Learn more about this agency
This position provides for development and training under the Pathways Internship Program. Intern assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training.
As a developmental Accountant, you will assist in performing duties such as:
- Provide financial and accounting services;
- Provide analysis and review of accounting data to ensure accuracy and propriety of accounts;
- Interpret data base input and output listings, and reconcile accounts;
- Resolve accounting system problems with programmers and system accountants;
- Advise project managers and technical managers on resource management aspects of projects;
- Interpret accounting regulations and provides financial advice and recommendations based on knowledge, laws, regulations, and directives; and
- Advise and participate in decision-making sessions regarding regulatory requirements, program operations, and interpretation of reports.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467082300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.