This position is located in the Office of the Administrator (OA), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Program Management Division (PMD), Project Management Branch (PMB), Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Washington, DC. The work schedule is full-time, M-F. The majority of the work is performed in a normal office setting. The work is mostly sedentary; however, some walking, bending, lifting is required to perform some tasks.Learn more about this agency
FSIS OCIO is an award-winning organization that provides secure, innovative and mission-supporting technology and services that helps protect public health. OCIO supports thousands of field and headquarters employees and customers around the clock, 7-days/week. Employees must participate in an on-call rotation.
Major aspects of the position include, but are not limited to, developing and maintaining project plans and schedules in accordance with established Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) guidelines, conducting risk analyses, and developing mitigation strategies and plans. Below are some of the specific duties for this position:
- Defines project scope, requirements, and deliverables and consults with project customers, specifically FSIS Program Area business experts, state agriculture officials, working groups, professional associations, or trade association representatives as needed.
- Develops, modifies, or provides input to project plans, implements project plans to meet objectives, coordinates and integrates project activities, and manages, leads, or administers project resources, including a substantial budget. Monitors project activities and resources to mitigate risk; implements or maintains quality assurance processes, and makes improvements, solves problems, or takes corrective action when problems arise.
- Provides presentations or briefings on all aspects of the project, participates in phase, milestone, and final project reviews, and identifies project documentation requirements procedures and all related project artifacts.
- Develops and implements plans to release products, systems, or other deliverables, keeps abreast of and monitors significant developments related to FSIS Program Areas.
- Serves as Contract Officer's Representative (COR) for various projects.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel as the program requires.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467078900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.